Sunday, August 5, 2012

Subtraction, not addition.

Subtraction is good. Very good. In this case, it's fantastic.

8 - 5 = 3

I started off with 8 bookcases. Seven feet tall, shelves the length of my arm, and still there weren't enough to hold all my books.

Well, not anymore! After doing a bit of shifting around this morning, I can confidently say that I now have 3 bookcases of books. I've taken 5 SHELVES OF BOOKS to the bookstore to trade in -- that's a heck of a lot of books (and a heck of a lot of store credit!).

As I shop my shelves for reading material, rather than go to the bookstore, I know that number will dwindle further. Ideally, I'd like to have two bookshelves, with room to spare.

Time to sell the extra shelves on Craigslist and make a little money back. :)

2 comments:

  1. Asalamu alaikum, like maths and how long is your arm, come visit and share some wise words..

    ReplyDelete