Sunday, August 4, 2013

More Living, Less Collecting.

I saw a lovely photo on Facebook today, courtesy of www.becomingminimalist.com.



This is what I've been trying to do all along, but my recent move halfway across the country really pushed me to get rid of more. Moving is a pain, and the more stuff you have, the bigger of a pain it is.

My standard is something that I once read. It goes something like "If you were offered a great job/opportunity and had three days to move across the country, could you do it?"

If the answer is "yes", then I'm in my ideal place.

If the answer is "no", then I have more work to do.

I was able to box everything up, get it loaded, and ready to go in 3 days. I still, however, feel like I have too much.

Time to reevaluate again. :)

1 comment:

  1. In an ideal world, all my storage furniture would be constructed in such a manner that everything is already packed, so all I have to do is take it apart into box-like modules and carry it out.

    ReplyDelete