Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day Four: Eliminate Red Meat

Day Four's task, per Sarah's Words of Wisdom:

"Eliminate all red meat from your diet and your kitchen. Remove meat from your refrigerator, freezer, and cupboards. If there are other people in your household who are not going vegan, make specific areas in your fridge, freezer, and cupboards for their meat products, and keep your food separate. Donate any of your remaining meat to a local food bank - they will be thrilled for the unusual windfall!"

Okay, this is alternately very easy and very hard for me. On the one hand, I have no red meat in my house. This meat-free state has been my choice for quite some time prior to finding Sarah's book and choosing to tackle this challenge. On the other, I have a truly vicious, life-consuming, waistline-expanding addiction to Taco Bell. Specifically their crunchy tacos and their cheesy potato burrito. Both of which contain beef.

*braces herself* Well, that's just gonna have to change. Maybe it'll help if I get one of those tapes you listen to while you sleep to program my mind to "Taco Bell is Evil... Taco Bell is Evil..."

No comments:

Post a Comment